TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Cylinder #6 not firing (has experience with Z)
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Cylinder #6 not firing (has experience with Z)

Posted by Placuch on July 26, 2015 at 12:00 AM
  This message has been viewed 225 times.

In Reply To Cylinder #6 not firing (has experience with Z) posted by joe645733 on July 25, 2015 at 09:02 AM

Message Check if you have spark. Disable the fuel supply, pull the spark plug, attach it to its ignition coil and hold it close to any good ground while someone else cranks the engine. Honestly 13.8 sounds a little high to me. I've always seen 11.5 ohms on injectors in my Z, but, I don't have experience with any other Z's. Either way it should still fire. Check the electrical connection at the connector, clean corrosion, test injector wires for continuity from the ECU to the injector (voltage drop would be even better). If you don't have spark, you may want to do the same for coil wires. ALSO if you have the later model PTU with a sub harness, open up the sub harness connectors and check for corrosion as well. If it's not electrical then it's mechanical, clogged injector, valve train problem, or no compression etc.

I wouldn't worry about the air leak sound (for now). On my car I also hear air being sucked through the plenum just as I'm opening the throttle body.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.